#2918 How to set up << F4 IDE (based on Eclipse) >> for skyspark coding

Jungmin Han Thu 23 May

Hello. I am a beginner in AXON coding. And I am learning AXON programming and SkySpark system operation through online training. I recently got advice on using F4 IDE (eclipse based), but I have limited information on how to set it up and use it on my PC. I need a guidebook or some advice on this. If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it. Please reply. Thank you in advance

Henry Fri 24 May

For Axon programming, there's no requirement to use the F4 IDE, as I believe all platforms that utilize the Axon language have built in code editors, such as the Code app in SkySpark. F4 exclusively works with Fantom code (the programming language that SkySpark is written in) and doesn't have any native functionality for writing axon.

However, there are situations where you may want to write Fantom-Axon functions, which are Fantom functions that can be executed in a SkySpark instance as if they were Axon functions.

F4 is an IDE based off eclipse that is maintained by Steve Eynon (SlimerDude on the forum), and as such, he's written some guides on getting F4 set up on his website Alien Factory

The introduction article can be found here: http://www.alienfactory.co.uk/articles/intro-to-f4

If you're interested in developing in Fantom, there are many other guides on Alien Factory that should help.

Login or Signup to reply.